ConservaPundits

Conservative friends taking on the amoral liberal ideas of the world.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Gasoline Prices

With the price of gas hovering around the $3.00 mark, it seems to be the topic of conversation and complaint around the water cooler and at the pump more often than not. I don't like the higher price either but lets put it in perspective. Take a few moments and figure out the following:
A: What percentage of your income do you pay for gasoline?
B: What percentage of your income do you pay in taxes (all kinds)?
In my case it works out to something like A=6%, B=45% (almost HALF of my income!)
Sure, I don't like the high cost of gas, but I'm really pissed about how much I am FORCED to fork over as TAXES!
Next time you are at the pump and the guy at the next pump is bitching about the cost, remind him of his tax burden. (That'll really piss him off.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home